Posted to alt.home.repair
StarMan StarMan is offline

Default Drywall finishing (taping the joints)

"Cshenk" wrote in message

I've done that. Got a power hand sander? We tapered the edges in. You

do
not want much, just enough to barely go through the paper and to the next
level a tiney bit.

Thanks! That's a good idea. I'd better get a fine belt; dw will get eaten
up in no time with that sander.

I do not know if my method is 'traditional'. It was something my Mom

taught
me when I was much younger. Makes for a nice finished wall.

Your mom? Excellent! Usually it's the dad! You have a good mom there.

Anyway, who cares about tradition. I just wanted something to work. Yours
sounds like a good idea.