Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default How tall should outdoor antenna be?

On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 06:50:46 -0700, wrote:

If you're going to start from the ground up, you'd need a mast like 2"
steel pipe. And I doubt it really buys you anything, or else you'd
see it commonly done. I've never seen one attached to a house that
started from the ground up.

My Grandfather's house had an antenna on a mast, attached to the
house. It was not embedded into the ground or cement. The mast was,
as you say about two inches in diameter. It was galvanized pipe that
coupled together (insert one into the other) in lengths of about 10
feet or so.

I was the rotator. He would send me out to turn the pole for the best
reception and yell "okay" at me.

Black and White console TV. Ed Sullivan Show was on, Wayne Newton was
about 16 years old and the Beatles visited Ed Sullivan.

I spent more than a few days with him; watching Roger Maris, Mickey
Mantle and the Yankees.... late fifties. :-))

--
Oren