Sparks

Default HELP tuning video

I have tried tuning the VCR to the TV by setting the TV to channel 8 &
playing a video in the VCR while automatically scanning on the tuning

menu,
it picks up everything but the video.

Your video player may not have an RF modulator fitted, this means it will
record off the terrestrial, or RF, but cant rebroadcast the signal back down
the aerial cable to your TV (it will however pass through any signals that
enter the VCR via the aerial.

I have also noticed that when
the remote is set to Sky then I can switch the VCR on ok yet when I switch
the VCR on when the remote is set to TV then Channel 6 which is where Sky

is
tuned to becomes unwatchable due to interference.

Providing you have a SCART cable connected from your Sky box to your TV, you
want to be watching both sky broadcasts and video tapes via this, and not
through a tuned channel - you will get a much better quality picture, and
better sound via the SCART (Try turning on your SKY box, and then changing
the TV to AV1 (usually a square box with an arrow pointing into it on the
remote control)

If this works, then try to turn off the Sky box, keep it on the AV "channel"
and then play a video - In theory, the signal should go from the VCR,
through the off sky box, and then into your TV

Hope you can understand this. Thanks for looking & I hope someone might be
able to help.

Hope this helps!

Sparks...