Posted to alt.home.repair
DonC DonC is offline

Default Building Code, Michigan

"Phil-In-Mich." wrote in message
Detached garage being built in Suburb of Detroit, MI

To verify I contacted the building inspector in a different local city,
and county; WOW what a difference. Polite, eager to offer advise, and
explained more than I had asked, but I didn't know I need the extra
information. Now I wonder, shouldn't building inspector office's other
places be like this? (Yes, again got confirmation that my contractor had
fabricated his code claim!)
Phil

Having lived in Michigan for over 60 years, I can verify that the politeness
and helpfulness of all Michigan public officials is directly proportionally
to the distance away from the city of Detroit.