Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default sears cordless tool batteries

On Nov 3, 9:02 am, (Rebel Rouser) wrote:
I have no prob with sears cordless tools for homeowner use, if you use
them according to the way they were designed.
But the battery pacs just plain SUCK.
They want hold a charge long, just give up the ship to easy. What brand
of cordless tools has a good battery pac for homeowner use?

thanks
mike lane

...a good battery pac for homeowner use

I guess it depends on your definition of "homeowner use".

I own a home, thus I'm a homeowner. I've used my cordless tools to
install my own windows, remodel my own bathrooms, build 2 decks, hang
a couple of hundred feet of fence, etc.

Other homeowners may drill one hole year to hang a picture. For that
type of homeowner use, a cordless tool with a short-life battery is
fine. For my type of homeowner use, that won't do.

Search this group as well as rec.woodworking for terms like cordless
drills and cordless tools. Your question has been raised numerous
times and the opinions vary widely.

Myself, I'm a big fan of DeWalt tools, both corded and cordless.