Posted to rec.woodworking
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default bread box

"Don Richard" wrote in
:

I have just finished a bread box for my son
It is made from pine and finished with minwax stain and a water based
varathane clear
Problem is smell from pine or finish seems to enter breads put in box
What should I use for finish ???

I'd use a little time. Give it about a month or so in a well ventilated
area (outside?) and let the pine and finish off-gas.

I'm not 100% sure this will work, but if all it costs is time...

Puckdropper