Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default Polishing stainless steel

On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 21:24:15 -0700, Bruce L. Bergman
wrote:

On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 21:53:36 -0500, Ned Simmons
wrote:

Be careful about snagging the pieces you're polishing with the buff or
it'll launch them at high velocity. Always work so that if the work
*does* get snagged it gets thrown down and away from you. Even with
experienced operators, the drywall behind my big 7-1/2 HP buffer was
full of holes.

If you repeat the set-up and want to save the drywall (and avoid
damaging the pieces being buffed and flung) you might want to hang a
big hunk of cargo net or carpet a foot or two out from the wall as a
backstop... ;-)

Great idea, I thought cushioning the flying workpieces was the
function of the fiberglass insulation. g

But I hope never to have to worry about it again, at least not on a
daily basis. I've been out of the marine hardware business for over 20
years and don't miss it a bit, though I am proud to know that the
company I started is still running and employing a dozen or so people.

http://nautilus-marine.com/about.html

--
Ned Simmons