Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default help me fix my toilet

On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 16:48:09 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
Oren wrote:

On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 17:14:10 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

When I did a valve replacment, it took about half an hour. Since it's just
wobbly, pop the caps off the two bolts that hold the toilet down. Snug them,
and see if that helps. If not, get some shims in the paint department of the
hardware store. Cram them under the sides, and break them off, maybe score
them with a utility knife at the edge of the toilet. Don't pull the entire
crapper cause of a rocking problem.

I get your point, but I get the plastic shims in the plumbing
department - designed for shimming toilets.

You talking about EZ-Shims?

Not sure about brand name (easy), but I did use plastic shims once in
my life, only once to set a toilet.