Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Allison Robert Allison is offline

Default Bonding (glue?) Q

DA wrote:

DA had written this in response to
http://thestuccocompany.com/maintena...-Q-263331-.htm :

Puddin' Man wrote:

I've got a little laser pointer from Radio Shack, send a laser across
the floor, my Crazy Birddawg does 0-90 mph in 2.3 picoseconds. More
fun than a boxcar fulla monkeys.

The actuator in the laser in down inside a little aperture. There's
a tiny (under 1/4 ") button that sits on top. Of course, after a
while, the button falls out and the laser won't work.

The actuator is rough metal. The button is chrome, and almost too
small to grasp with the fingers. They are comparable diameter. How
to re-bond the 1 to the other?

So far, about all I can come up with is 2-sided carpet tape.

Looks to me that the 2-sided tape was the best solution 'cause with any
liquid glue you're running the risk of permanently freezing the button.

Not if you glue the laser down onto the button. Or glue the
button up onto the laser.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.