Posted to alt.home.repair
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default How to get rid of smoke odor

"Walter R." wrote

Will washing the walls help? I am afraid that the odor will return after a
few days or weeks. Can anyone offer some suggestions for the permanent
elimination of this stink? Some people swear by ozone generators, others
say that they are dangerous and ineffective.

I'm really sorry about what happened. I have read that ozone generators
are dangerous, it's even mentioned in the latest Consumer Reports.

I have seen it mentioned on a few of those house flipping shows, that
they coat the whole inside with some paint? that contains the odor of
smoke. You know they flip houses that have been burned.

I'm sorry I don't know what the product is, but I bet some googling will
come up with a name. I bet a *whole lot* of people in your area would
be interested ... I would think advice along these lines would be appearing
in your local paper.

nancy