Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Glueing a broken plastic refrigerator shelf

Red Green wrote in
:

AZ Nomad wrote in
:

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 22:04:31 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
AZ Nomad wrote:

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 21:13:26 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
(Malcolm Hoar) wrote:

In article
,
Smitty Two wrote:
Yeah, but it does work well on skin! I recently discovered
how well when my 7 year old fell and made a nice gash on his
nose that I thought would need stitches. Off to the E.R.
where they stuck him back together with (medical grade)
superglue. Within about 10 days the would healed perfectly
with no trace of a scar. The Doc was right -- much better
than stitches!

What's medical grade CA? Is that $3 dimestore glue that's been
repackaged and sold for $300? The standard stuff you have
around the house works great for wounds.

Well, pretty much. Of course, the vendor probably had to
spend many millions getting FDA approval and satisfying
all kinds of requirements relating to manufacturing,
distribution, packaging, advertising and everything else.

Yeah. I dated an orthopedic surgeon for a while, and she swore
that the bone screws cost $1800 per copy. I also know, first hand,
how screws are made. Anyone wanna pony up some venture capital?

I've seen used medical screws. There isn't much similarity except
the basic function. Kind of like comparing a bottle rocket with a
saturn booster.

So a medical screw is not a piece of metal that's been machined? What
is it, then?

It's not a piece of junk metal that was machined in two milliseconds.
Do you think a saturn booster is the same as a bottle rocket?

I dunno. But whatever they use to hold those shuttle tiles on I
wouldn't use on the chair.

errrr.....shelf...wrong thread.

And you with the chair glue Q, don't use Shuttle tile glue :-)