Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] nospam.house@none.com is offline

Default Blown in cellulose, fiberglass, or batts for attic?

Thanks everyone for the reply!

fiberglass rolls at 90 deg to current rolls...keep clear of roof
underside & allow for eave to ridge venting
Any gaps between the layersis just more dead air space...free
insulation.

Ok I will keep that in mind and make sure the contractor does this.

btw are you adding R-19 to get up to R-38 total or adding R-38?

I am adding R38 on top of existing stuff, which is probably R13.

San Jose is a pretty mild climate so R-38 total should be plenty.

The contractor said the cost difference between R38 and R30 is minimal
compare to the cost of the job, so I am just going to go max and
install R38.

Thanks!

Raymond