Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Tips for feathering out where 3/8"&1/2" sheetrock meet

Some ideas for next time.

1. Remove nails/screws holding 3/8 to joist where transition occurs put
shims under 3/8 to bring it out 1/8 inch.

2. Sister transition joist with a strip of wood 1/8 higher than bottom
surface. Faster 1/2 to this.

"Mikepier" wrote in message
ps.com...
I recently gutted out my kitchen and took down a wall next to a dining
room, where there was 3/8" sheetrock on the ceiling. I did not want to
put 3/8" sheetrock on the ceiling in the new kitchen due to concerns
on sagging, and plus I wanted to use 12 foot boards, so 1/2" sheetrock
was the choice. I tried my best to spackle where the 2 meet ( 4 times
already) it still seems its noticeable, although each time I do it it
seems to get better. What is the best way to spackle the joints?