PoP

Default Router recommendation

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 04:18:48 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

The Trend is certainly nice - I like my T5. For the half inch I went for
the Freud FT2000E in the end. Plenty of power and good fine height
adjustment for use in a router table (where it spends most of its life!).

Thanks for that - the price of the Freud is more attractive than the
Trend.

I have to admit to having blown 100 quid on a B&Q PPro 2000w router
recently:

http://www.diy.com/bq/product/produc...55&CATID=62251

Gave it some work to do at the end of last week on a kitchen worktop.
It can't keep the speed of the router bit up (it is a sharp router
bit) even when cutting a thin channel. Doesn't hold the height at all
as you pass the router over the workpiece - it tends to pull into the
workpiece as you travel along, so the end result is a deeper channel
at the end than at the beginning. And after holding the trigger switch
in for just a couple of minutes my right hand was hurting bad.

I have no idea where the 2000w is going - but it sure as hell doesn't
come out the sharp end!

Absolute pile of ****e - don't be tempted!

PoP