Posted to rec.woodworking
Rod & Betty Jo Rod & Betty Jo is offline

Default WTC Towers: The Case For Controlled Demolition

Maxwell Lol wrote:
And how did eliminating Saddam reduce the risk from future 911-style
attacks?

Since that was neither the specific intent nor direct intended goal I
wouldn't understand the expectation......

I suppose since we had 50,000 troops containing Saddam, enforcing
international embargoes and Iraq no fly zones and we did foil his Kuwait
invasion.....That maybe at some time or place he might be motivated to seek
revenge other than his attempt on Bush SR's life in 1993

It is curious that other than on our forces in Iraq, worldwide we have had
no other U.S. or U.S. interest attack. Where-as pre 9/11 we had a string of
ever escalating attacks. One might surmise that without a open base in
Afghanistan that long range involved plots are more difficult.

Incidentally State sponsored terrorism is of serious concern or of potential
great harm.... Palestinian suicide bombing in Israel have dropped
considerably since Saddam no longer pays a reward (to the bomber's family)
for each one. Rod