Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero Cicero is offline

Default Tadpole CH deaerator - marketing gimmick?

On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 06:55:57 -0700, mail wrote:

On Oct 30, 8:07 am, mwindsor wrote:
Has anyone any experience of these, or know how they might differ from
traditional air separators, or the spirovent air separators that BES
stock?

The tadpole is £195, which seems excessive!

http://www.tagonatadpole.com/

Cheers,
M.

As my Tadpole has created a bit of a stir I thought I'd post a couple of
points of my own but I'll also be very happy to address any specific
questions personally if anyone wants to contact me direct via the
website, www.tagonatadpole.com.

Firstly, thanks for highlighting some errors on the website as I've now
been able to correct these - Tadpole improved J.P. Westall's oil CH
system and I appreciate the instructions about the filling loop were
misleading so I've also amended this too.

Over the next week, I'll address more of the questions raised in my FAQ
webpage but in the meantime I just wanted to say a few things. It
doesn't matter what fuel runs a CH system, whether oil, gas, electric
etc, Tadpole works on the same principle - reducing air in a primary
system down to 1 part in 2.5 million. Bleeding the radiators will not
achieve this as dissolved air is present in the water itself. There are
other systems on the market which work in a similar way but not the same
way as Tadpole and I can say that in over twenty years in this field,
I've never come across a system that's as effective as Tadpole. I've
spent over 5 years developing this robust system that I know works and
that I really believe in but, as with everything, quality and durability
does come at a price. Being a Yorkshireman, with short arms and deep
pockets, however, wasting money is as alien to me as shell suits and
special brew (!) but I'm very happy about saving over £200 per year on
my own heating bill - as was one of my recent customers who has already
been in touch to say he was also saving around a third.

Thank you for your interest and feedback on Tadpole and I look forward
to having the opportunity to explain any specific points with any of you
direct - you know where I am.

==================================
You state,

"Tadpole works on the same principle - reducing air in a
primary system down to 1 part in 2.5 million. Bleeding the radiators will
not achieve this as dissolved air is present in the water itself."

That is an extremely precise measurement. Can you say how you achieved
such a precise measurement and can you say *why* bleeding the radiators
won't achieve this or even *why* it's necessary to achieve it?

You've chosen to speak in an open forum (uk.d-i-y) so why not answer the
queries here where people are strongly in favour of genuine energy
savings.

Cic.

--
Using Ubuntu Linux