Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Tadpole CH deaerator - marketing gimmick?

On 2007-11-02 13:55:57 +0000, said:

On Oct 30, 8:07 am, mwindsor wrote:
Has anyone any experience of these, or know how they might differ from
traditional air separators, or the spirovent air separators that BES
stock?

The tadpole is £195, which seems excessive!

http://www.tagonatadpole.com/

Cheers,
M.

As my Tadpole has created a bit of a stir I thought I'd post a couple
of points of my own but I'll also be very happy to address any
specific questions personally if anyone wants to contact me direct via
the website, www.tagonatadpole.com.

Firstly, thanks for highlighting some errors on the website as I've
now been able to correct these - Tadpole improved J.P. Westall's oil
CH system and I appreciate the instructions about the filling loop
were misleading so I've also amended this too.

Over the next week, I'll address more of the questions raised in my
FAQ webpage but in the meantime I just wanted to say a few things. It
doesn't matter what fuel runs a CH system, whether oil, gas, electric
etc, Tadpole works on the same principle - reducing air in a primary
system down to 1 part in 2.5 million. Bleeding the radiators will not
achieve this as dissolved air is present in the water itself. There
are other systems on the market which work in a similar way but not
the same way as Tadpole and I can say that in over twenty years in
this field, I've never come across a system that's as effective as
Tadpole. I've spent over 5 years developing this robust system that I
know works and that I really believe in but, as with everything,
quality and durability does come at a price. Being a Yorkshireman,
with short arms and deep pockets, however, wasting money is as alien
to me as shell suits and special brew (!) but I'm very happy about
saving over £200 per year on my own heating bill - as was one of my
recent customers who has already been in touch to say he was also
saving around a third.

Thank you for your interest and feedback on Tadpole and I look forward
to having the opportunity to explain any specific points with any of
you direct - you know where I am.

So please explain what your device does that can't be achieved by a £15
air separator from Myson or by correcting the plumbing such that air
doesn't enter the system.

To this point, you have provided only anecdotes from people who you
claim to be customers and no information on exactly how and why the
alleged savings were achieved.

None of this is at all convincing.