Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] alvinamorey@notmail.com is offline

Default This could have been a massive explosion

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 12:48:39 -0700, "Mamba" wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message

The ignition temperature for Methane is 630C (1200F). I doubt an electric
heater gets that hot.

Don't ignore the pressures, velocity of the gas expulsion, and other factors
that might affect temperatures and flash points.

Regardless, I see a fuel source here that could eradicate dependency on
foreign oil reserves...

Ya know, I always thought that if all the office workers in this
country who sit at a desk all day, were equipped with special chairs
that would suck up all farts, these companies could be self sufficient
as far as energy needs. Each cubical could be equipped with a meter
to determine how much each employee is contributing to the energy
source for the company and would get "rewards" on their paycheck for
the amount they contribute. Just think of all the beans they would
have for lunch, and just think how the most despised bosses would be
ridiculed when it was determined that the head of the company was the
guy found to be "most full of ****" !!!!