Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] manatbandq@hotmail.com is offline

Default Damp course for victorian terraced house

On Nov 1, 4:53 pm, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Pete C wrote:
On Nov 1, 11:58 am, wrote:
Dear meow2,
Particulars (of misinformation) please?
Chris G

Don't worry he's a period property 'loony'

Interesting site here BTW:

http://www.konrad-fischer-info.de/2auffen.htm

cheers,
Pete.

Note two things

Early on thee page he says "No ascending dampness by capillarity, but
consequence of current splash-water, water sucking cement joints" =
rising damp!.

Look at the brick wall in the pool of water. Makes my case that modern
cement is a DPC in itself . Note he has NOT used lime mortar here.

Look at how sodden the brick is UP to the first mortar joint.

It's very easy to pick a few selective quotes. I suggest you read the
rest of the article.

MBQ