Posted to uk.d-i-y
dg dg is offline

Default Razor Wire

On 2 Nov, 00:21, "john" wrote:
"dg" wrote in message

ups.com...

On 1 Nov, 23:15, "George" wrote:
Is that banned from securing your property at the back ie along backyard
wall?

Had a break-in today and all me tools nearly went,they only got away with
camera as I must have disturbed them? whilst letting myself in.

TIA

No it is not banned.

You owe a duty of care to anyone entering your land (even intruders)
and if they are injured then they may have a claim against you. Their
business and intentions on your land, the location of the wire, and
any warning signs would all be considered. Whether an intruder cuts
themselves on razor wire, barbed wire, a rose bush or a splinter from
the fence is all the same.

In any case, your house insurance would normally cover you from any
such civil claims.

So would the smackhead/scumbag getting a good kicking. Burglars have NO
rights, don't forget that.
The CPS and Probation Service think criminals have rights unfortunately and
the victim is always put last. The more they do wrong, the more they are
rewarded. Ask a burglar not to do it again politely and he will laugh, give
him a good kicking and he will understand that.
Put the wire up, I doubt you will get any complaints!

Put the wire up, and fix some warning signs in a prominent place.

dg- Hide quoted text -

Yes, any burglar deserves a kicking. Tip - afterwards take the body
and dump it on someone elses land

But don't confuse the civil and criminal courts. A clued up burglar
will most likely win a claim for damages in the civil court if the
landowner is proved negligent. But for the same incident, no criminal
offence may have been committed, so the Police and CPS would not be
involved.

dg