Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Saw blades for Bosch reciprocating saw (PFZ 500 E) / Quietestwood saw tech?

Tom wrote:

I bought the Bosch saw it from Argos so I think I will return it and
get something with more reliably available blades. I note that
Toolstation sell the Green Wood blades for £2.49 for 5, that's a good

Yup I use those for tree pruning and hacking roots in the ground - they
seem to work quite nicely.

incentive if I can get a suitable driver. Can you recommend a good
model under £100 for cutting firewood logs quickly?

http://www.raidiy.com/imagesbosch/pfz500e.htm

I bought the Axminster "white" one, which to be fair is quite rugged and
has worked well. If I were buying again I think I would go for a better
one since it has turned out to be far more useful than I anticipated.
The Axminster one has enough power and is solidly made, however it has
no pendulum action, and the blade change requires an Allen key.

Looking at those available, there are some decent spec ones in that
price range, but I can't see any with orbital or pendulum action for the
price.

http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/scripts/...ocating%20Saws

The entry level Makita fits the price, but will do rough cuts slower
than a pendulum one.

There is some general background he

http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/powertools/recipsaw.htm

--