Posted to alt.home.repair
Frugal Farmer Frugal Farmer is offline

Default Shingles

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 08:12:43 -0400, "David L. Martel"
wrote:

I have one layer of asphalt shingles at the moment and am in North
Carolina. So what's your opinion, asphalt or fiberglass?

I would definitely go with steel shingles if you are looking for an
easy DIY re-roofing material. Especially in a hurricane region. You
dont have to take the old asphalt shingles down. You can buy steel
shingles on ebay:

just make sure you dont get screwed by this seller (see previous
thread for details). Also, you can contact these wholesalers:

bestbuymetals.com, metalroofingwholesalers.com, metalroofingsource.com

or mfgs: accelroofing.com, custombiltmetals.com, edcoproducts.com,
follansbeeroofing.com, kasselwood.com, kasselandiron.com,
kasselandirons.com, metalsales.us.com, decra.com,
metroroofproducts.com, metalsusa.com, allmet.com, zappone.com,
tamko.com, steeltile.com, met-tile.com, nordmantile.com,
interlockroofing.com, futureroof.com, loomismetals.com,
paradigmshingles.com, reinkeshakes.com, raremanufacturing.com,
vailmetal.com, vailmetalshingle.com, permatileroofing.com,
westform.com, & manymany
more.