Posted to alt.home.repair
Cshenk Cshenk is offline

Default Shingles

Easy way to find out on code? Call a contractor, tell them what you are
proposing, ask them to price out any work if you find you have more than
just some reshingling needs (like I needed 2 plywood panels replaced so we
ended up doing most of them as cheaper then and didnt have to deal with it
later). As long as you are honest and tell'em you plan to do it yourself
but want info if you find worse damage, they'll be happy to help over the
phone with general info.

It was 8 years ago and we were told 90$ per panel for the good wood and 150$
each to replace. Plus haul away fees. We ended up having the whole thing
done professionally because we couuldnt find a match for the old roofing
shingles. (and of course the new shingles and it's install added more cost)
Your price may be higher as ours was part of a package deal to also reside
the house with vinyl.

Sorry, I do not know which type of shingle is better, but your codes
*probably* are fine with 2 layers as you are just south of me so same
overall construction. If there would be a difference, I susect it's that we
have to account for snow here too (weight on roof), so we may be a little
stricter on number of layers?

"David L. Martel" wrote in message
Joseph,

I have one layer of asphalt shingles at the moment and am in North
Carolina. So what's your opinion, asphalt or fiberglass?

Dave .