Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
willshak willshak is offline

Default Plumbing code question

on 11/1/2007 9:21 AM Steve Barker said the following:
you're ok. It's called a 'wet stack'.

steve

Aren't wet stacks only allowed on the same floor?

wrote in message
oups.com...

Dear Readers,

I need advice on a plumbing code question. My existing 1st floor
bathroom vanity appears to use the drain from the 2nd floor toilet as
a vent stack. Appears that both 1st and 2nd floor toilets have no
other fixtures draining into their respective drains.

Question: does the plumbing code allow me to route the 1st floor
vanity drain into the same drain from the 2nd floor toilet (which is
being used as a vent for the same vanity)? Or must I continue to have
a dedicated drain for toilet?

See sketch at:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2416/...91d8d3_b_d.jpg
(If this is not the appropriate way to reference an image on this
newsgroup, please advise and I'll change).

Your comments are appreciated.
Regards,

Anthony

--