Posted to rec.woodworking

Default changing the topic to fractions

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 10:01:08 -0400, Stephen M wrote:

"Less cumbersome"?? Not in my opinion.

"seven thirty seconds" is preferable to "seven five"?

But then again I'm comfortable in hexidecimal.

hex, octal, bi-quinary, excess3, and so on. Who cares.

We could simplify the whole mess by referring to everything in 32nds or
64ths. Using 32nds, 1/2 could then be 16/, 1/4 would be 8/, and so on.

But if the US wouldn't adopt a system as simple as metric, my somewhat
tongue-in-cheek idea doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell :-).