Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Air compressor continuous run?

Don Foreman wrote:

I once worked on a project with Ingersoll Rand. They'd found that a
significant consumer of energy in many or most factories is ... leaks!
Some of those facilities had energy cost of over $1 million per year
just for compressing air. There's one consultant, don't recall his
name, who makes a very good living finding ways to save a few percent
of that.

At a previous job, I found a guy with an air hose fixed up to blow air at
himself for personal cooling. I asked him if he realized how expensive that
trick was and he replied he asked for a fan and the supervisor said we
couldn't afford it.

Just an example of shop logic, economics and pushback.

Wes