Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Alan[_2_] Alan[_2_] is offline

Default Foubd a huge cart on garbage today

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 22:17:13 -0700, Bruce L. Bergman
wrote:

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 14:00:17 -0500, Ignoramus32225
wrote:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Huge-Cart-On-Casters/

This cart is all welded and is about 6-7 ft long. It is Very large
(compare with the hand truck on one picture).

But with the hard rubber wheels you can't leave a really heavy load
(over 500 Lbs. or so) sitting on it long term without the casters
first flat-spotting and then cracking and falling apart. For that
kind of use you need the cast-iron centered wheels with molded on thin
tires, or solid cast iron.

When I stored my wood lathe (about 200kg) in the seatainer for a
year or so My son forgot the remove the old lawnmower wheels used to
roll it around and they cracked with the weight on the headstock on
them. Very difficult to roll with a big flat on each wheel. Did a
temporary fix with sacktruck wheels but have to scrounge more
lawnmower wheels when the next kerbside cleanout is announced, maybe
an ad in the local freecycle will find some.

Alan