Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
woodworker88 woodworker88 is offline

Default Air compressor continuous run?

On Oct 31, 1:10 pm, "Tom Gardner" wrote:

One of my ideas was for the lowest mechanic to catalog every air leak and
repair them...they add up quick. It seems we can go about a year before
they become an issue.

When I visited the Starrett tools factory, the apprentice who gave me
a tour said that each department was being held accountable for its
air leaks. The average department found about 30-40, with the worst
offenders having over 100 leaks. When they fixed all the leaks, they
found they saved about $10000 a year in terms of running their 300 HP
air compressor less.