Posted to rec.woodworking
Stephen M Stephen M is offline

Default changing the topic to fractions

"Less cumbersome"?? Not in my opinion.

"seven thirty seconds" is preferable to "seven five"?

I'm not really serious that it's a viable nomenclature, it just seems that
there 's a while lot of chaff in the current system.

But then again I'm comfortable in hexidecimal.

So am I (first job out of college was assembly-language programming on a
370/145 DOS/VSE)

VAX assembler & BLISS

BTW, it's spelled "hexadecimal."

Point taken.

it appears you've forgotten that somewhere around 99.99% of the
population isn't.

Really only 10 types though, those that understand binary and...

I bet we could get the whole scentific notation crowd on board for another
..001%

Please note that I did not suggest that 1/32 be represented as 1/20

Cheers,

Steve