Posted to rec.woodworking
Thomas G. Marshall Thomas G. Marshall is offline

Default Rules on pre-drilling sizes for screws

Mike Marlow said something like:
"LRod" wrote in message
On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 13:34:52 GMT, "Thomas G. Marshall"
. com wrote:

Top posted for your convenience.

(In other words, you can look at the earlier text by scrolling down
if you *want* to, but you're not forced to wade through dozens of
lines of unedited material to get to the meat of THIS post

Some might consider it better to snip unwanted text rather than leave
that unedited material in place. Obviously, others don't, but the
dozens of lines of unedited material has never been a good argument
for top posting. In fact, leaving all that irrelevant text in place
has never been a good practice for a lot of reasons. But... I don't
really care that much myself about top or bottom posting and I'm
getting out now before this turns into another extended thread
debating the two styles.

Good idea. I was convinced once that top posting was superior, but it
wasn't long before I figured out why.

But of all the usenet skills, getting out before the flame happens is one of
the better ones.