Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tony Tony is offline

Default Motor Question... Who Makes Grainger's Motors?

Grainer's low price?

"rigger" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 30, 5:38 am, "Joe AutoDrill" wrote:
Anyone know who manufactures the "42C" style motors for Grainger?

May be Magnetek.

I'll have to peruse their catalog later today....
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Graingers changes suppliers of their Dayton branded
motors from time to time. There is no guarantee the
motor you buy today will be the motor you buy to-
morrow. They simply change the descriptor (which
is the single letter at the end of the part number)
which is the same thing they do when changing a
material, color, or some other minor "improvement."

Unfortunately sometimes the changes they make
should actually require a different part number
because the newly "upgraded" part will not
function properly, in the required application,
as we "found out the hard way" on multiple
occasions.

The lure of Graingers low prices and availability
is great but for an OEM to depend on them is a
stretch, IMHO.

dennis
in nca