Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Mark is offline

Default Trane Variable Speed Furnace

On Oct 31, 9:11 am, "Smarty" wrote:
I looked at the electricity cost savings when selecting my Heil 2 stage
furnace in 2006, and the payback was just not there to justify a variable
speed DC motor on the much more expensive model. The slower blower speed on
the 2 stage Heil draws about the same current as the slowest speed on the VS
DC model, and neither runs at the higher speeds much / most of the time
anyway.

I felt the extra electronics and extra cost were liabilities, and went with
the 2 speed with an AC blower motor which switches taps when the higher
burner output is called for. This seems like a much better value and fewer
problems, in my opinion.

THIS IS EXACTLY CORRECT!!!!

And the variable speed electronics create radio and TV interference as
well.

Mark