Posted to alt.home.repair
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default Adding tile over aggregate style cement

On Oct 31, 1:22 pm, Rex Kerr wrote:

My question is, what options do I have to lay tile over this instead?
I hate the look of this cement and want to get rid of it. Do I have
to completely pull it out and put in a smooth concrete patio first?
Can I just use leveling mud and put hardiboard backerboard over the
concrete? Can I lay a thin layer of smooth concrete over the existing
pieces? Obviously I don't want the tile that I put down to crack
shortly after this project.

Not really an answer to your question, but you should give some
thought to what kind of tile you put down on a patio. When you combine
too slick a finish, rain, and rubber-sole flip-flops, you can end up
with a skating rink. DAMHIKT.

Jerry