Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tom[_7_] Tom[_7_] is offline

Default Saw blades for Bosch reciprocating saw (PFZ 500 E) / Quietest wood saw tech?

Thanks John,

I am new to these reciprocating saws and the blades for this Bosch
PFZ500E model are a bit of a mystery. I have been searching Google for
some kind of cross-reference table, and anything that might suggest
alternative blades for this model, but other than a reference in its
instruction pamphlet to an 'SDS fastening system' I cannot find
anything that helps me identify compatible saw blades. The unit came
with a couple of blades, one of which is labeled "Top for Wood M1142H
HCS" and, as you say, it looks different from the ones at Toolstation
and the only places I could find selling it were charging £11 each.

I bought the Bosch saw it from Argos so I think I will return it and
get something with more reliably available blades. I note that
Toolstation sell the Green Wood blades for £2.49 for 5, that's a good
incentive if I can get a suitable driver. Can you recommend a good
model under £100 for cutting firewood logs quickly?

http://www.raidiy.com/imagesbosch/pfz500e.htm