Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
JCrowe JCrowe is offline

Default I went toeElm Mott for a week

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Lowell Holmes" wrote in message
news:2uRVi.9758$aJ3.9581@trnddc02...
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
t...
"Lowell Holmes" wrote in message
news:2QPVi.9571$%r.5169@trnddc01...
and came back with this chair:-)

Nice chair, but Mrs. Mott know he gave it to you?

Well, I didn't figure that anyone would know that Elm Mott is a city in
Texas near Waco and that the Center For Essential Education School of
Woodworking (in Elm Mott) has a 6 day class for making Windsor Chairs. It
was a good week and all of the chairs were as good or actually better than
mine.

I'm glad Mrs. Mott is not mad at you stealing a chair.

I did check out http://www.cfeeschool.com/ Very interesting. I've often
thought about taking a class at American Sycamore for a week.

If you are a woodworker living on/near the I35 corridor in
Texas, the CFEE school is a good deal. They teach a lot of hand
tool skills and their rates are reasonable. The course that Lowell
took takes one from a log to a Windsor chair in six days. I've
taken several of their courses and have been very satisfied. I
also have taken a course from Lonnie Bird and was quite impressed
with that experience as well. By the way, calling Elm Mott a city
is a bit of a stretch...it's more like an exit on the interstate,
but then, Jarrell has six exits so what do I know.....