Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Bob Pietrangelo Bob Pietrangelo is offline

Default Trane Variable Speed Furnace

Why didn't you purchase the 10 year extended warranty. It would have cost
you half of the motor and covered everything else on the furnace too.
--
Bob Pietrangelo
(home)

wrote in message
ps.com...
Yeah, the Trane is a great furnace until the motor goes out. I was
quoted $1000 plus labor to replace the motor. That's One Thousand
Dollars! Yow, that hurts. The disappointing thing is the motor
probably failed about 3 or 4 years ago... when it was still under
warranty. But we didn't notice that is was no longer capable of
anything but the low speed given the mild climate in Oregon. Now that
the motor works properly we can see that it hasn't been this way in
years. It was installed 7 years ago so no luck on the warranty. The
good new is that the replacement motor is guaranteed for a whole
year... One Whole Year! Wow.

Nothing Runs like a Trane wreck.

I wish I had done the due diligence seven years ago. There would
certainly not be a Trane in my basement today had I done so.

Live and learn.