Posted to alt.home.repair
Cshenk Cshenk is offline

Default Rough price- electrical

wrote in messag

I know some of you can easily do this yourselves, but while my husband
and
I are pretty handy (and quite handy with some things), electrical isnt
something we are comfortable with. Wed rather pay and *know* it was
done
right and safely as well as to code.

Replies appreciated!
Carol.

I would replace ALL the 2 prong outlets, they can cause a terrible
hassle at home resale time.

Yes. Over time we'd like to do that but the 19 in the back porch arent
hurting anything and there is a GFCI outlet out there too.

Do you have knob and tube wiring?

Not sure what that is but house was built in 1962. Been upgraded piecemeal
since then. Breaker box is only 10 years old. I've never had a breaker
trip either if that helps understand the overall setup. If I counted right,
its a 360amp box with about 160 of it not even used (3 unsed 30amps plus
some 20's and 15's.)