Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus1192 Ignoramus1192 is offline

Default WTB 220 /240 Vac 3 ph AFC, 1 ph input

On 2007-10-31, wrote:
Since my apprentice days I have always been fascinated by gear
hobbing, and I finally did it!

I purchased 3rd hand from an acquaintance of a friend an ALFRED
GAUTHIER gear hobbing machine, little used and in excellent condition.

Got most if not all change gears, operating instructions in German, a
box full of hobs mostly 48 DP 14 1/2 and 20 deg. helix angle, some 64
DP, several 32 DP, 80! DP, 105! DP, and a bunch of metric MODULE
hobs....a really cute little machine that fits naturally into my work
shop. I WILL have to make work-holding mandrells, only these were
missing. Usually they are custom made to suit the job-at-hand. Work
envelope is 2 3/8" work dia.max (60 mm) x 1 1/2" (40 mm) long, fully
automatic after initial setup. It also appears easy to set-up, gear
boxes -3 of them- are easily accessible.

The motor is 1/3 HP, 220/230 Vac, 3 ph 50 Hz. I have 220 Vac 1 ph
available and would like an appropriate VFD to make it hum.

I thought a 1/2 HP, 1 ph input unit would be the cat's meow. Does
anyone have such a unit laying about crying out to "find me a good
home"??? Iggy, do you fit the bill here? I live in SW Ontario,
Canada, and would appreciate advice, availability, location, $$$$,
etc.

Many thanks for your efforts here!

Wolfgang

I have a 1 phase input, 1/2 HP unit. New in box. $80 plus shipping. It
is Telemecanique Altivar 18 or some such. Never used for anything.