Posted to rec.woodworking
RayV RayV is offline

Default Woodshop Accidents

On Oct 26, 11:14 am, k wrote:
I teach wood shop and the students don't seem to take accidents
seriously. Does anyone have a list of different short stories that I
could share with them, to help them realise that accidents do and can
happen if they are not careful. Or if something has happened to you
please let me know. Thanks

Another kid in my shop class was working on the lathe and his long
sleeve sweater got caught. Lucky for him the sweater was ripped
completely off his body and all he got were brush burns from the
fabric. That sweater hung over the doorway for the rest of the school
year. Happened so fast nobody could even think about hitting the red
button.