Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
nytrillium nytrillium is offline

Default Replacement Atlas Lathe Gears (group buy.... )

On Oct 31, 7:29 am, Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Oct 30, 8:53 pm, nytrillium wrote:

Ive checked, like i said i went to my local supplier and the only
things that boston and several other companies stock are tehir
standards, they arent the same as the ones in the quick change.

What htey call their "change" gears i beleve are direct replacements
for the intermediate gears that are attached to the yoke on double
keyed bushings.

I bought some stock Boston gears for my 10" SB. Not exact, but close
enough to work with a little boring and broaching.

Thats what i planned on doing. As we speak i am looking at the
catalogs and getting the #'s i need.