Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rob Morden Rob Morden is offline

Default HF truck crane

Harold,
Sorry I realized after I wrote that that B&S was wrong - it is a Boyer
Schultz (sp?) from here in Chicago. It is a 6 x 12 so it is only a
little one. I don't really have any idea as I haven't gotten together
with the fellow I got them from to get the manuals and extra bits.

rem

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 07:53:34 GMT, "Harold and Susan Vordos"
wrote:

"Rob Morden" wrote in message
.. .
snip-----

2/ the winch is very poor quality - I stripped it - I can't think what
I was doing at the time - maybe trying to get the B&S surface grinder
off the pallet at about about 700lbs I think. (I didn't have an
engine hoist at the time.)

You sure about that 700 pounds? B&S didn't make lousy equipment, which
means that a surface grinder, for which they have a respectable reputation,
would likely weigh in more like 3,000 pounds.

Harold