Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Clothes dryer: Where do you prefer the lint filter?

On Oct 30, 4:06?pm, Manster wrote:
Andy Asberry wrote:
On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:24:00 -0500, wrote:

Had a friend tell me that clothes dryer's with the lint
filter built into the top pf the unit rather than down
by the door are much more problematic.

Any truth to that?

Probably more important than top or door is whether the air is drawn
through the filter or blown through it. The latter "leak" lint all
under the dryer. Sorry, I don't recall which brands are which.

--Andy Asberry--

I have a top filter and a few years ago I decided it would be smart
(safety-wise) for me to pull out my dryer, pull the back off and clean
out the lint I thought would be all over the place. To my surprise
there was very little. A few cobwebs but nil on the lint.

I have one dryer of each design, the front door type is easier to keep
clean.