Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dan_Musicant Dan_Musicant is offline

Default Polishing stainless steel

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 15:34:13 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

:On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 17:40:01 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
an_Musicant quickly quoth:
:
:I have a couple of stainless steel pots that have had long usage and
:don't look so hot.
:--snip--
:I also have a stainless steel boiler (18/8), which is one of those
:coffee servers you see (or saw?) in coffee shops. Makes a nice boiler
:(that's what I use it for), but is now so tarnished that on the bottom
:in places it's is downright black. I'd like to shine it up too, at least
:occasionally, if it can be done without too much effort.
:
:Thanks for any tips.
:
:Run down to your local Wally World and pick up a 4 oz. tube of MAAS
:Metal Polish for $3 and change. I just tried a bit on my stainless
:steel sink and it amazed me in ten seconds flat. If not, try the DICO
which Ed keeps forgetting to tell us where he sources.)
:Knowledge and timber shouldn't be much used till they are seasoned.
: -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Mmm. Wally World? Is that for real or are you being flippant and
referring to Walmart? I called two large hardware stores in the vicinity
today and asked for Dico polish but they don't stock it. I could call
again and ask for MAAS, though. I figure I'll need another buffing wheel
for my grinder. My homemade grinder has an extra shaft coming out the
other side of the motor, which I reserve for things like buffing wheels,
wire brush wheels and believe it or not, a homemade table saw.

Dan