Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Polishing stainless steel

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 17:40:01 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
Dan_Musicant quickly quoth:

I have a couple of stainless steel pots that have had long usage and
don't look so hot.

--snip--
I also have a stainless steel boiler (18/8), which is one of those
coffee servers you see (or saw?) in coffee shops. Makes a nice boiler
(that's what I use it for), but is now so tarnished that on the bottom
in places it's is downright black. I'd like to shine it up too, at least
occasionally, if it can be done without too much effort.

Thanks for any tips.

Run down to your local Wally World and pick up a 4 oz. tube of MAAS
Metal Polish for $3 and change. I just tried a bit on my stainless
steel sink and it amazed me in ten seconds flat. If not, try the DICO
(which Ed keeps forgetting to tell us where he sources.)
Knowledge and timber shouldn't be much used till they are seasoned.
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes