Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mogga Mogga is offline

Default Who can move my gas meter?

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 13:41:05 -0700, wrote:

I'd like to get my gas meter moved (from just inside the front door to
a meter or so outside, in our front garden). My gas supplier
(Scottish Power) said that I had to get their contractor (Scotia) to
do it.

The quote's come in at over £700 for what, at a guess, is probably
about half a day's work.

Did you fill in the form?
The bloke who came out to me in the end said if I'd rung them and told
them the trenches were all dug I could have basically had the meter
wherever for a lot less.

Do I have to stick with them - or am I allowed to get anyone else to
quote?

Michael

http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Or get it delivered for free