Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
John Weiss[_2_] John Weiss[_2_] is offline

Default Silicone sealant vs silicone adhesive?

"Walter Cohen" wrote...

At HD there was GE silicone adhesive and GE silicone sealant. What is the
difference, if any, and did I buy the wrong product? I want to re-seal the
bottom track and prevent water from getting under it. I know once I do manage
to get the sealant under the track that I'll need to weigh down the track
itself in order to get good contact and adhesion with the sealant/tub.

Pretty much the same stuff...

There are formulation differences for specific purposes (e.g., mold prevention
for sinks & tubs), but realistically they are interchangeable.