Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Unsticking a corner carousel

on 10/30/2007 9:27 AM Christopher Nelson said the following:
With luck, I'll be moving in a few weeks. The new house passed the
structural inspection with only minor issues noted but one thing I'm
sure is going to make me crazy is that the kitchen cabinets include a
corner carousel which turns with difficulty. I've never had one of
these in my house and I'm not sure how to fix it. I've Googled
newsgroups and the web in general and not found even an exploded view
of how they usually go together. What can I clean and/or lubricate to
make it work better?

To take it off for inspection and lube, and if it is like mine with the
folding corner door and a notched tray, look for a metal cap about
1-1/4" diameter on the tray just behind the notch. Pop the cap out with
a screwdriver. Put your finger in the hole and slowly turn the tray. You
should feel the screw heads (4) for removing the tray.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY