Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Walter Cohen Walter Cohen is offline

Default Silicone sealant vs silicone adhesive?

Right. I would think that when I do take up the track I'll see the remnants
of a bead of adhesive running only down the center of the track.

Walter

"Art" wrote in message
I can't help you with your choice of silicone but examine your track
carefully. Many are made so that you should not caulk the edge that faces
the inside of the tub. That way if water gets under it it has a way to
flow back into the tub.

"Walter Cohen" wrote in message
I bought some kitchen and bath silicone sealant (GE Silicone II) at Home
Depot. I have the bottom track of my aluminum bathtub/shower doors that I
want to re-adhere to the tub surface as water has begun to seep underneath
the bottom of the track.

At HD there was GE silicone adhesive and GE silicone sealant. What is the
difference, if any, and did I buy the wrong product? I want to re-seal
the bottom track and prevent water from getting under it. I know once I
do manage to get the sealant under the track that I'll need to weigh down
the track itself in order to get good contact and adhesion with the
sealant/tub.

Thanks,
Walter