Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
[email protected] pheeh.zero@gmail.com is offline

Default Silicone sealant vs silicone adhesive?

On Oct 30, 3:17 am, buffalobill wrote:
On Oct 29, 10:40 pm, "Walter Cohen" wrote:

I bought some kitchen and bath silicone sealant (GE Silicone II) at Home
Depot. I have the bottom track of my aluminum bathtub/shower doors that I
want to re-adhere to the tub surface as water has begun to seep underneath
the bottom of the track.

At HD there was GE silicone adhesive and GE silicone sealant. What is the
difference, if any, and did I buy the wrong product? I want to re-seal the
bottom track and prevent water from getting under it. I know once I do
manage to get the sealant under the track that I'll need to weigh down the
track itself in order to get good contact and adhesion with the sealant/tub.

Thanks,
Walter

make sure you use non-latex silicone product to help avoid mold/
mildew. you would best compare the manufacturers product website since
there are so many varieties offered it would be inaccurate to guess
which model numbers you bought.
-b

If the tubes both say 100% silicone...they are basically the same
product.