Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] busbus@gmail.com is offline

Default Frameless cabinets vs. face frames -- Is one truly better than the other?

On Oct 30, 2:13 am, "Upscale" wrote:

And let's face it. A cabinet with face frames just looks better.

That's sort of the way I feel, too, if I am honest. One thing i
really wanted to hear was how difficult it was to keep the doors lined
up on a frameless cabinet. The cafeteria where I work has frameless
cabinets and the workers are continually grumping about the doors and
the fact that they constantly need adjusting.

I have been just trying to rationalize that those cabinets get an
unusual amount of pounding (and they do) that would never be matched
in a household. But I think I have been straightened out pretty good
thus far and will go with face frames.

I guess I was just being lazy because the frameless concept seems so
fast and easy...I just knew there had to be a catch.

Thanks.